Below are listed several common symptoms of apnea. However, it is important to note that symptoms of sleep apnea vary greatly in their intensity and that some individuals who have sleep apnea have very few symptoms.
- Excessive daytime fatigue/sleepiness. (See our How Sleepy Are You Test?)
- Choking or gasping for breath while sleeping.
- Difficulty falling or staying asleep.
- Memory problems.
- Weight change.
- Falling asleep while at work, while driving, or other inappropriate times.
- Fragmented, non-refreshing sleep.
- Additional symptoms may include: morning headaches, difficulty concentrating, decreased sex drive, irritability, gastro-esophageal reflux.