- Alter your sleep schedule prior to your trip. Calculate the time difference you are traveling to: 1, 2, 6 hour time change? Alter your sleep schedule to fit the time zone you are traveling to at least a few days in advance.
- Pack your oral appliance with you in your carry-on. If your flight is overnight, or you plan to snooze in air, wear your appliance. Not only will you feel better, your fellow travelers will appreciate a snore-free flight.**
- Stay Hydrated. The day prior to and on the day of your flight drink plenty of water and fluids, 8 oz. of fluid for each hour of flight.
- Change your electronics to the correct time zone the day of your trip. Include your watch, phone, computer and any electronics you carry.
- Get out in the sun! Even if your body wants to sleep, get out in the sunlight. The sun will help your body “wake up” and get on the new time zone schedule.
**If you currently use a CPAP-machine to treat your sleep apnea and snoring, consider an oral appliance for travel. Consult with Dr. Sosenko or visit our website TiredofSnoring.com to determine if an oral appliance would hellp you enjoy the vacation of your dreams. Be prepared for your best trip ever!